Yesterday I generated four iGaming players from 15 clicks. That’s great, however with the data that was available to me, I had no idea which pages on my website was sending the clicks that were driving converting clicks.
I have event tracking labels on all of my outbound affiliate links, so in Google Analytics I can drill down to some level to understand what keywords and landing pages are driving those sales, but beyond that, on my affiliate portals, I cant tell which traffic my site gets actually converts.
So I thought, wouldn’t be great if I could see which pages on my affiliate website were the clicks that converted?
- On affiliate portals, create a different campaign URL for each of your main landing pages
- Cloak each URL using .htaccess
- Replace all of your outgoing links with variables
- In a PHP file, set a URL variable using the $_SERVER function
- Write conditional statements that set the outgoing link based on matching the URL function